Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GoodTrouble GoodTrouble is offline

Default month formulas

Thanks for that! Finally solved many days of worthless work.

And now I have a harder one...

Is there a formula that I could use that would gather the column and cell
numbers for cells containing the months....that didn't make sense,

For instance,

B2:B299 is where I enter the date of which I work. There is no way to tell
how many days I will work in a month. The date being in the d-mmm format
stores part of the month, which I know Excel stores as a number anyway...so
how can I make a formula that would count how many days I worked in that
month...and then somehow take data that is in another coresponding column and
devide???

Like say column D held a different number, the devisor...so it would be like
B22/D22, only I need the totals, like How many days I worked, devided by the
total of all the numbers in column D

Make any sense??

"Toppers" wrote:

This counts the number of dates in A1:A20 that are month 7 (July)

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A1:A20)=7))

HTH

"GoodTrouble" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that calculates various percentages and what not based
on tips for days, weeks, and months. I need a formula that can take data from
a colum containg dates in the d-mmm format, and count how many days I have
worked in that month. I list each day seperatly, so I was thinking that some
variation of COUNTIF might work.

I have tried to get it to work many different ways, and cannot. Please Help...