Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe K

Default calculating total in a range of numbers

I would like to calculate the sum of all values that are greater than 20 and
less 50 in the following data set. Can anyone give me the formula for this
computation.

5
5
19
20
22
25
45
51
60

This is what I am after but with a larger data set. 20+22+25+45 = 112
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

If, for example, your data is in column A, then
=sumif(a:a,"=20",a:a)-sumif(a:a,"50",a:a) should get it. BTW, this formula
would INCLUDE the values 20 and 50 since your example included it in the sum.

"Joe K" wrote:

I would like to calculate the sum of all values that are greater than 20 and
less 50 in the following data set. Can anyone give me the formula for this
computation.

5
5
19
20
22
25
45
51
60

This is what I am after but with a larger data set. 20+22+25+45 = 112

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bearacade

Assuming this range is in A1:A9

=SUMIF(A1:A9,"20")-SUMIF(A1:A9,"50")