Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ellie

Default Rows and Columns per Page

My default settings have been changed, and now any worksheet created on my
computer holds more lines and rows of data than does everyone elses. This is
a real problem, since we share forms. I would like to return my setting to
what they originally were, but cannot find how to do this. I don't even know
how they got changed in the first place. Can anyone help? Thank you.
(Using MS Office 2003)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Excel sheets since the Office 97 version all have the same number of rows(65536)
and columns(256)

Nobody gets more or less.

Sounds like a formatting thing.

Maybe the others have some rows and columns hidden?

Compare your view and formatting with someone else's to find the cause.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:32:02 -0700, Ellie
wrote:

My default settings have been changed, and now any worksheet created on my
computer holds more lines and rows of data than does everyone elses. This is
a real problem, since we share forms. I would like to return my setting to
what they originally were, but cannot find how to do this. I don't even know
how they got changed in the first place. Can anyone help? Thank you.
(Using MS Office 2003)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ellie

Thank you for responding. What I should have said was that I have more lines
per page, not per worksheet. I believe you are correct that it is a
formatting issue. Everyone elses cells are different heights and width's
than mine. What I don't know is how to make my default settings the same as
theirs. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you again.

wrote:

My default settings have been changed, and now any worksheet created on my
computer holds more lines and rows of data than does everyone elses. This is
a real problem, since we share forms. I would like to return my setting to
what they originally were, but cannot find how to do this. I don't even know
how they got changed in the first place. Can anyone help? Thank you.
(Using MS Office 2003)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Column width and row height are changed by simply selecting all rows or columns
and FormatRowHeight or FormatColumnWidth

More rows per printed page?

Change the margins in Page Setup.

More rows as viewed on screen?

This is a Windows issue and will most likely involve the changing of your
resolution.

Gord

wrote:

My default settings have been changed, and now any worksheet created on my
computer holds more lines and rows of data than does everyone elses. This is
a real problem, since we share forms. I would like to return my setting to
what they originally were, but cannot find how to do this. I don't even know
how they got changed in the first place. Can anyone help? Thank you.
(Using MS Office 2003)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ellie

Here is what I have found, when I open a new spreadsheet, my row height is
set at 13.20 instead of 12.75. What I want to do is find where this default
is set and change it back to 12.75. Thanks again.

wrote:

My default settings have been changed, and now any worksheet created on my
computer holds more lines and rows of data than does everyone elses. This is
a real problem, since we share forms. I would like to return my setting to
what they originally were, but cannot find how to do this. I don't even know
how they got changed in the first place. Can anyone help? Thank you.
(Using MS Office 2003)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Ellie

What size are you row and column header fonts? Larger than normal?

Maybe your default font is set higher.

Check in ToolsOptionsGeneralStandard Font.

Normally set to 10.

If higher, change to 10 and OK.

You will be told by Excel to close out and re-start Excel.

If this doesn't do the job then we will have to see wherefrom you are loading a
new workbook.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

wrote:

My default settings have been changed, and now any worksheet created on my
computer holds more lines and rows of data than does everyone elses. This is
a real problem, since we share forms. I would like to return my setting to
what they originally were, but cannot find how to do this. I don't even know
how they got changed in the first place. Can anyone help? Thank you.
(Using MS Office 2003)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good morning,

Deafult font size is 10, cell height is 13.2 and cell width is 8.11. I did
find one other person in the office whose default settings are the same as
mine. All other have default cell heights of 12.75 and widths of 8.43.

wrote:

My default settings have been changed, and now any worksheet created on my
computer holds more lines and rows of data than does everyone elses. This is
a real problem, since we share forms. I would like to return my setting to
what they originally were, but cannot find how to do this. I don't even know
how they got changed in the first place. Can anyone help? Thank you.
(Using MS Office 2003)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ellie

When you open a new workbook how do you do it?

From where?

FileNew...Blank workbook?

FileNew(note no ellipsis)?

Click on the New File Icon on the toolbar?

Do you have any book in your XLSTART folder or Alternate startup folder??

Your new workbook does not seem to be the Excel default with those formats.

Gord

wrote:

My default settings have been changed, and now any worksheet created on my
computer holds more lines and rows of data than does everyone elses. This is
a real problem, since we share forms. I would like to return my setting to
what they originally were, but cannot find how to do this. I don't even know
how they got changed in the first place. Can anyone help? Thank you.
(Using MS Office 2003)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord,

I click on the "New File" icon on the tool bar. Going to File, New and
selecting Workbook produces the same result. I don't know about XLSTART or
Alternative Start up Folders. Could I have set one up without realizing it?

Ellie

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Ellie

When you open a new workbook how do you do it?

From where?

wrote:

My default settings have been changed, and now any worksheet created on my
computer holds more lines and rows of data than does everyone elses. This is
a real problem, since we share forms. I would like to return my setting to
what they originally were, but cannot find how to do this. I don't even know
how they got changed in the first place. Can anyone help? Thank you.
(Using MS Office 2003)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

All Office installations have an XLSTART folder.

In fact, usually more than one.

Generally at

C:\program files\microsoft office\office11\xlstart

and at

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

If you have an *.xls file in the XLSTART folder, it will open up when you start
Excel.

If you have a BOOK.XLT(template), it will be the basis for the FileNew or New
File button.

You choose the Alternate start up folder under ToolsOptionsGeneral. "At
startup, open all files in"

Best to leave that dialog box blank.

Don't know where your default row and column settings are coming from.

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Ellie

When you open a new workbook how do you do it?

From where?