Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default Rows and Columns per Page

Ellie

What size are you row and column header fonts? Larger than normal?

Maybe your default font is set higher.

Check in ToolsOptionsGeneralStandard Font.

Normally set to 10.

If higher, change to 10 and OK.

You will be told by Excel to close out and re-start Excel.

If this doesn't do the job then we will have to see wherefrom you are loading a
new workbook.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:30:01 -0700, Ellie
wrote:

Here is what I have found, when I open a new spreadsheet, my row height is
set at 13.20 instead of 12.75. What I want to do is find where this default
is set and change it back to 12.75. Thanks again.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Column width and row height are changed by simply selecting all rows or columns
and FormatRowHeight or FormatColumnWidth

More rows per printed page?

Change the margins in Page Setup.

More rows as viewed on screen?

This is a Windows issue and will most likely involve the changing of your
resolution.

Gord

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:47:02 -0700, Ellie
wrote:

Thank you for responding. What I should have said was that I have more lines
per page, not per worksheet. I believe you are correct that it is a
formatting issue. Everyone elses cells are different heights and width's
than mine. What I don't know is how to make my default settings the same as
theirs. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you again.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Excel sheets since the Office 97 version all have the same number of rows(65536)
and columns(256)

Nobody gets more or less.

Sounds like a formatting thing.

Maybe the others have some rows and columns hidden?

Compare your view and formatting with someone else's to find the cause.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:32:02 -0700, Ellie
wrote:

My default settings have been changed, and now any worksheet created on my
computer holds more lines and rows of data than does everyone elses. This is
a real problem, since we share forms. I would like to return my setting to
what they originally were, but cannot find how to do this. I don't even know
how they got changed in the first place. Can anyone help? Thank you.
(Using MS Office 2003)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP