Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
c3rc2

Default I cannot select more than 1 picture to insert. Why?

In Excel 2000 when I select INSERT-PICTURE-FROM FILE and I navigate to the
folder containing my pictures I cannot select more than 1 picture at a time.
I can't use shift or ctrl to make additional selections. If I novigate to
the folder using Explorer I can select using shift, ctrl or drag to create a
box and it allows me to select multiple pictures.

Does anyone know of a setting in Excel that would allow multiple files to be
selected?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

What version of excel are you using.

I use xl2003 and I can select multiple files from that dialog.

(I don't recall if this behavior changed through different versions, though.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
c3rc2

Hello Dave,

It works fine on my Excel 2003 but not on my 2000. The version of the 2000
is 9.0.2720.

I appreciate any help I receive on this matter.

Thanks,

Bob

c3rc2 wrote:

In Excel 2000 when I select INSERT-PICTURE-FROM FILE and I navigate to the
folder containing my pictures I cannot select more than 1 picture at a time.
I can't use shift or ctrl to make additional selections. If I novigate to
the folder using Explorer I can select using shift, ctrl or drag to create a
box and it allows me to select multiple pictures.

Does anyone know of a setting in Excel that would allow multiple files to be
selected?

Thank you.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Maybe someone running xl2k can report back.

If it was a change in behavior, I don't think you can alter it. (Maybe write
your own macro???)