Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BB

Default subtotals value can be vlookup by another worksheet

Is subtotals value a text field ? Why can't I vlookup the value from other
worksheet?

Any solution? so I can lookup the subtotals value.

Need helps urgently...

Thank you,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

I don't understand the question, what do you mean by that? Subtotals as in
datasubtotal is a number, it can be either a sum but if the values to be
totaled are text then it will count those values and it uses the subtotal
formula function which looks like

=SUBTOTAL(9,Range)

for sum

or

=SUBTOTAL(3,Range)

for count

if you are using a value from the for a lookup and you'll get a #N/A error
then most likely you have more decimals than is shown by the formatting so
what you believe to be a match is not

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"BB" wrote in message
Is subtotals value a text field ? Why can't I vlookup the value from
other
worksheet?

Any solution? so I can lookup the subtotals value.

Need helps urgently...

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcelo

Hi, subtotal value can be vlookup, assuming that you have a table
Col A Col B
a 1
a 1
a 1
a 1
a Total 4
b 3
b 2
b 6
b Total 9

use =Vlookup("a Total",a2:b90,0)

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"BB" escreveu:

Is subtotals value a text field ? Why can't I vlookup the value from other
worksheet?

Any solution? so I can lookup the subtotals value.

Need helps urgently...

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BB

Here is my problem:

I have sheet #1 contains part no. A with on hand qty 10 pcs= book qty.
col 1 col. 2
part no. book qty
A 10

Now we are doing physical count - I have a new sheet #2 = it subtotal part
no. A (it has 3 count tags on this part) with subtotal qty 25pcs
The result subtotal shown on sheet#2:
part no. tag qty
A 1 20
A 2 3
A 3 2
A Total 25 = this is a subtotal line

I would like to use sheet #1 and vlookup phy qty associate part no. A data
from sheet #2:

col. 1 col. 2 col. 3
part no. book qty physical qty
A 10 25 - this data from vlookup on
sheet #2 subtoal value.

However, it always shown col. 3 - #N/A, it won't lookup subtotal qty from
part no. A

Please reply.

Thank you,
BB