Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
faisca_aem

Default 24 Hour Format For Timesheet

I'm working on a personal timesheet. Time In and Time Out are in 12 hr
format. Then I total Daily, Weekly, and Monthly figures. However, if
my total exceeds 24 hrs then it wraps over (ie - 25 hrs 15 mins becomes
1:15). I'm currently using the "hh:mm" format for totals, but have
tried others with no success.

I would like the values to be in hours and minutes. When the minutes
exceed 60, I would like it to add 1 to hours and reset minutes to 00.
Does this make sense? If so, is it easy to fix?

Thanks!

--
faisca_aem
faisca_aem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16098

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

Use this format:

[hh]:mm

The [ ]'s keep the hours from rolling over.

Biff

"faisca_aem" wrote
in message ...

I'm working on a personal timesheet. Time In and Time Out are in 12 hr
format. Then I total Daily, Weekly, and Monthly figures. However, if
my total exceeds 24 hrs then it wraps over (ie - 25 hrs 15 mins becomes
1:15). I'm currently using the "hh:mm" format for totals, but have
tried others with no success.

I would like the values to be in hours and minutes. When the minutes
exceed 60, I would like it to add 1 to hours and reset minutes to 00.
Does this make sense? If so, is it easy to fix?

Thanks!

--
faisca_aem
faisca_aem's Profile: