Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Valery2105

Default conditional formatting?

Hi,

Please help - I have the following on a spreadsheet:

col 36 col 37 col 38
col 39 col 40
(No.) (training title) (description)
(start) (end)
1 Excel formulas & pivot tables
31/06/06 02/07/06

The No. column (col 36) and the training title column (col 37) are colour
filled (there are 29 training titles each filled with a different colour).

What I would like is to create an annual calendar that is always visible and
that when I enter the start date and end date it would automatically colour
the applicable date ranges in that colour.

Is this possible? Please help!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

I entered some dates in A36:A50
In A25 I entered my start date and in A26 my end date
I selected A36:A50, use Format|Conditional Formatting; in the dialog box I
used:
Cell Value Is Between $A$25 AND $A$26
I clicked the Format button and set the font to red
Lo and behold! a bunch of cells in A36:A50 are now red.
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme