Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joen

Default Protect formula

I have a excel spread sheet that I have Protect all formula but in this one
roll I have this formula =SUM(G45) but what I need to do is let others add to
the formula like =SUM(G45)+2000+3000 so I need to Protect this =SUM(G45) and
let them add to it

Hope some one can help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mallycat

You can select which cells are protected and which ones are left open to
be changed.

By default, all cells are formated as 'protected'. Unprotect your
sheet, highlight the cell you want them to be able to change, Select
FORMAT\CELLS\PROTECTION and untick the locked checkbox. Then reprotect
your sheet.

Matt

--
Mallycat
Mallycat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35514

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ed

Mallycat wrote:
You can select which cells are protected and which ones are left open to
be changed.

By default, all cells are formated as 'protected'. Unprotect your
sheet, highlight the cell you want them to be able to change, Select
FORMAT\CELLS\PROTECTION and untick the locked checkbox. Then reprotect
your sheet.

Matt

--
Mallycat
Mallycat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35514
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=555308

Put your formula in a protected cell. Set up another cell for their
input. In another cell put a formula that sums your protected cell
and the "input" cell.

ed