Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
saleem145

Default NetDDE Windows XP SP2

Hello,

Has anyone gotten this to work with Windows XP SP2

I hear some updates from Microsoft to fix security holes, has rendered this
functionality useless. And there has been no fix from Microsoft?? Will
Microsoft continue to support NetDDE links in Excel??

In my own experiments and attempts to get this to work, I was able to get
Clipbook and Winchat to work on Windows XP SP2. I had to enable NetDDE,
NetDDE DSM and Messenger services on both client and server machines. I had
to turn off the Microsoft Firewall and add WinChat to the list of exceptions.

But I have not been able to get excel to work.

Saleem