Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Excel user

Default Importing a csv file

I have created a csv file using the same method I have been using for the
past few years.(by running a macro) I now have Excel 2003. When I convert
a.xls file to .csv and try to import it to the database I get the error "file
does not exist". I can see the .csv file in the directory I am specifying for
the import (and I am using the same csv creation method for the last few
years) so I can't understand what is going on. Any suggestions? Thanks for
the help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Just a complete guess...

Do you show extensions in windows explorer?

Inside windows explorer
tools|folder options|view tab|uncheck "hide extensions for known file types"

Maybe your file is really named:
a.csv.csv
(or a.csv.somethingelse)

If that doesn't help...

Still in Windows Explorer
select the file
hit F2, then ctrl-c
then paste into excel to do a closer examination (=len(a1) to see if it's 5
characters long)

--

Dave Peterson