Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shirley Munro

Default Deleting time part of a Date, subtracting dates

Hi

I am having problems subtracting dates. Ideally I would like to use
the NETWORKDAYS function but the problem I am having is that the file
is imported from Oracle and some of the dates include both the date and
actual time, for example, 02/01/06 14:20:44. There are 2 spaces between
the date and the time. I have tried a combination of the LEFT and LEN
functions to remove the time but because this is a text function, it
converts all the dates to text. You then need to convert them back to
numbers and apply a date format. I am hoping someone can come up with
a quick way of changing a date such as 14/06/06 15:23:24, to 14/06/06
so that this is the actual value that shows in the Formula Bar.

Thanks

Shirley Munro

--
Shirley Munro
Shirley Munro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=836

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi Shirley

Try
=INT(A1)
assuming the data & time are held in cell A1
This will produce just the date.
Just in case you did also need to pick out the time, then
=MOD(A1,1)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Shirley Munro"
wrote in
message
news:Shirley.Munro.29qymn_1150884602.0957@excelfor um-nospam.com...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shirley Munro

Thanks a lot guys. This just what I need

Shirley Munor