Sara

Default How do I delete pages?

I made a spreadsheet that is 6 pages long. However, I accidently set
something on the down arrow and scrolled down a LOT. Now, the spreadsheet
still takes up only 6 pages, but when i print the document, it shows that it
is 50 pages long! I know how to go in and limit my printing to pages 1-6, but
other people have access to this document, and I don't want them to end up
with 50 pages of empty cells if they're not paying enough attention. How can
I delete these extra pages?
h317

Once the page range is setup and saved, it's there for the next user to print
by just clicking the print button.

Alternatively, you can do [End]+[Home] and delete the row and column that
the last activecell is on. Save the file and the active range will be back to
6 pages long.

"Sara" wrote:

I made a spreadsheet that is 6 pages long. However, I accidently set
something on the down arrow and scrolled down a LOT. Now, the spreadsheet
still takes up only 6 pages, but when i print the document, it shows that it
is 50 pages long! I know how to go in and limit my printing to pages 1-6, but
other people have access to this document, and I don't want them to end up
with 50 pages of empty cells if they're not paying enough attention. How can
I delete these extra pages?

Gord Dibben

Sara

For complete instructions on re-setting the actual used range see Debra
Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 08:51:03 -0800, "Sara"
wrote:

I made a spreadsheet that is 6 pages long. However, I accidently set
something on the down arrow and scrolled down a LOT. Now, the spreadsheet
still takes up only 6 pages, but when i print the document, it shows that it
is 50 pages long! I know how to go in and limit my printing to pages 1-6, but
other people have access to this document, and I don't want them to end up
with 50 pages of empty cells if they're not paying enough attention. How can
I delete these extra pages?

Sara

Gord-
I went to the site, but she said that if there are merged cells (which there
are), then her code wouldn't work (which it didn't). Is there ANYTHING else I
can do to get rid of these extra pages?!
Thanks for your time,
Sara

wrote:

I made a spreadsheet that is 6 pages long. However, I accidently set
something on the down arrow and scrolled down a LOT. Now, the spreadsheet
still takes up only 6 pages, but when i print the document, it shows that it
is 50 pages long! I know how to go in and limit my printing to pages 1-6, but
other people have access to this document, and I don't want them to end up
with 50 pages of empty cells if they're not paying enough attention. How can
I delete these extra pages?

Debra Dalgleish

You should be able to manually delete the unused rows and columns.
Then, save and close the file.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Gord Dibben

Sara

Find the bottom row of your actual data range.

Select row below and SHIFT + END + DownArrow.

EditDeleteEntire Rows.

Same for columns to the right of data.

NOW! IMPORTANT!! Save the workbook, close and re-open to see difference in
used range.

Debra has this same method on her pages.

Gord