Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zelfan

Default Number 6 shows as s

Lately, whenever I start a new file and type a number or date in a cell with
a single digit 6, it shows as the letter s, for example 6/6/2006 shows as
s/s/2006. If I preceed the number with a zero or in a multiple digit number,
it shows as a regular 6.
I have tried to change it using formatting the cell, but it does not change
it. Can any one help.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul B

Zelfan, look under tools, autocorrect and see if 6 is being replaced by as s

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Zelfan" wrote in message
Lately, whenever I start a new file and type a number or date in a cell

with
a single digit 6, it shows as the letter s, for example 6/6/2006 shows as
s/s/2006. If I preceed the number with a zero or in a multiple digit

number,
it shows as a regular 6.
I have tried to change it using formatting the cell, but it does not

change
it. Can any one help.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
zelfan

Yes, that was the problem and it was corrected as soon as I deleted it
from autocorrect. Paul, thanks for your invaluable help. It was
driving me crazy.

Zelfan,

"Zelfan" wrote in message
Lately, whenever I start a new file and type a number or date in a cell

with
a single digit 6, it shows as the letter s, for example 6/6/2006 shows as
s/s/2006. If I preceed the number with a zero or in a multiple digit

number,
it shows as a regular 6.
I have tried to change it using formatting the cell, but it does not

change
it. Can any one help.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul B

your welcome, and thanks for the feedback

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

oups.com...