Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Caatt

Default Copying data from one worksheet to another based on criteria

I'm not sure whether or not this is even possible to do in Excel but any
help would be appreciated. I have two tables on two different
worksheets let's say the table on worksheet 1 has 4 columns, the
headings are Date, Description, Type and Amount and the table on
worksheet 2 has 3 columns with the headings Date, Type and Amount.

What I want to do is to have a row from the first table copied to the
second when specific criteria are met - if the Type field is either
Blue, Red or Green I want the Date, Type and Amount for that row to be
entered into that second table in their correct columns. I've been
fiddling around with this for a bit but I don't think I know Excel well
enough figure it out on my own so any help would be great. Thanks

Cat

--
Caatt
Caatt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35442

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi Cat

You can do this with Advanced Filter.
Debra Dalgleish has some instruction son her site at
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs

--
Regards

Roger Govier

[...]