Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jcool12

Default adding days

how can I add one-day intervals to cells that are in the date format,
just adding one isn't consistent? I think it has to be a fraction,
similar to adding minutes its 1/1440 for each minute.

--
jcool12
jcool12's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35398

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

No, one day is equal to the integer 1, so if you want to add 5 days to a
date

=A1+5

where A1 holds the date

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"jcool12" wrote in
message ...

how can I add one-day intervals to cells that are in the date format,
just adding one isn't consistent? I think it has to be a fraction,
similar to adding minutes its 1/1440 for each minute.

--
jcool12
jcool12's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551704

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jcool12

Yeah, that works for one day, but if you want a seris, like adding one
day for say two years, cell =(previous cell)+1, it doesn't work.
because there is not exactly 365 days in a year.

--
jcool12
jcool12's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35398
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551704

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW

Hi jcool12,

You don't need a formula, Excel does that automatically, just click
and drag the fill handle.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

But Excel adjusts that automatically, it knows it is a date, and knows how
many days per year.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips