Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bazooka

Default adding only working days to dates

I need to assign some dates to various deadlines for a project. I have a
list of days needed to complete each part of the project. I have the
start date (for the whole project) which could change. If i just add
the days required to the dates, they will include saturdays and
sundays. Is there any way i can add days to a date and make sure the
function only considers working days?

e.g. one part of the project takes 4 days. If the start date is on a
friday, the due date should be the next wednesday; but if the start
date is a monday, the due date should be thursday the same week.

--
bazooka
bazooka's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34073

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

You can use the WORKDAY function in the Analysis Toolpak (ATP) for this

=WORKDAY(start_date,num_days)

The ATP is an addin, so if you get an error, goto ToolsAddins and check it.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"bazooka" wrote in
message ...

I need to assign some dates to various deadlines for a project. I have a
list of days needed to complete each part of the project. I have the
start date (for the whole project) which could change. If i just add
the days required to the dates, they will include saturdays and
sundays. Is there any way i can add days to a date and make sure the
function only considers working days?

e.g. one part of the project takes 4 days. If the start date is on a
friday, the due date should be the next wednesday; but if the start
date is a monday, the due date should be thursday the same week.

--
bazooka
bazooka's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=538361