Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Turquoise_dax

Default Need An Answer To This!

Is there a way to allows the user to follow a link contained in a
protected cell?

There should be: a hand appears to show a link can be followed, but a
click does no good....

I really need this....
(I am the file administrator, so I can change all settings... but the
cell needs to be locked.)

Thanx a zillion times to whoever answers this...:)

--
Turquoise_dax
Turquoise_dax's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35185

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robert111

if cell a1 is the sum of b1 + c1, you could attach a note to cell a1
that says "sum of b1 and c1". This can be read on a protected sheet.

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Solutions4enterprise.biz

try using "Control" and "[" - this highlights the cells feeding the
destination cell or opens up linked files.

"Turquoise_dax" wrote:

Is there a way to allows the user to follow a link contained in a
protected cell?

There should be: a hand appears to show a link can be followed, but a
click does no good....

I really need this....
(I am the file administrator, so I can change all settings... but the
cell needs to be locked.)

Thanx a zillion times to whoever answers this...:)

--
Turquoise_dax
Turquoise_dax's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35185
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551402

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Turquoise_dax

I am talking about following a web hyperlink.

The cell cannot be selected, but the hand showing there is a link to
follow is still appearing when you get over it with the mouse. Is there
a setting that can allow the link to be followed with a click even in a
protected cell?

--
Turquoise_dax
Turquoise_dax's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35185
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551402

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Turquoise_dax

This is not working...

Just see for yourself: put a link in a cell, then protect the sheet for
selection. The hand is still there, showing a default tip as "(...)
click once to follow", but it cannot be followed... Is it that you
simply CAN'T do it, no matter the setting, if the cell is protected:( ?

--
Turquoise_dax
Turquoise_dax's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35185
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551402

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

I was able to follow a link in a locked sheet by doing a Ctrl + Shift + Click
on the link.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Turquoise_dax" wrote:

Is there a way to allows the user to follow a link contained in a
protected cell?

There should be: a hand appears to show a link can be followed, but a
click does no good....

I really need this....
(I am the file administrator, so I can change all settings... but the
cell needs to be locked.)

Thanx a zillion times to whoever answers this...:)

--
Turquoise_dax
Turquoise_dax's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35185
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551402

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Turquoise_dax

I tried it, but its not working. Any idea why?

(If I unprotect the sheet, the link works fine...):(

--
Turquoise_dax
Turquoise_dax's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35185
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551402

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Turquoise_dax

Two different answers came up, but they are not working for me. This has
to be a setting issue, but just can't find which one!

--
Turquoise_dax
Turquoise_dax's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35185
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551402

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

In xl2002 when I protect the sheet there are options. If I do NOT check the
top one then I get the message that the cell is protected. If I do check the
option to allow users to access protected cells then I goto the hyperlink.
You did not mention version or how you have it set up on the sheet
protection.

BTW. In the future, please use meaningful subject lines for the benefit of
all in the archives.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Turquoise_dax"
wrote in message
news:Turquoise_dax.29cf8z_1150206302.221@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Is there a way to allows the user to follow a link contained in a
protected cell?

There should be: a hand appears to show a link can be followed, but a
click does no good....

I really need this....
(I am the file administrator, so I can change all settings... but the
cell needs to be locked.)

Thanx a zillion times to whoever answers this...:)

--
Turquoise_dax
Turquoise_dax's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551402

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Turquoise_dax

No need to wait to use a better title...:)

Thanx a lot

--
Turquoise_dax
Turquoise_dax's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35185
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551402

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

glad to help. But, please use a better title in the future. Some don't
bother to read meaningless subject lines.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Turquoise_dax"
wrote in message
news:Turquoise_dax.29cncp_1150216807.2811@excelfor um-nospam.com...

No need to wait to use a better title...:)

Thanx a lot

--
Turquoise_dax
Turquoise_dax's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551402

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Turquoise_dax

I edited the title, but the change only appear in the threaded mode, not
in the main menu...

But yeah, I see what u mean, I'll be careful next time.

Tx