Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fran Gaffney

Default variable Addition and substraction

Hi there,
Im working in a forecast proyect with variables.
The results are determinated by a YES or NO answer. And the combination of
both.
The forecasts is placed before the answer (yes or NO)

Primary condition

1
2
3
4

If the answer is YES, I've to add the last digit to the first
then the result is placed at the bottom of the column.
If the answer is YES again I add the last result to the first
digit in the column.
We inform the result before the answer

ANswer Result From
5 4+1 (starting) 1 2 3 4
YES
6 5+1 Add result 1 2 3 4 5 (5 is the revious result)
YES
7 6+1 add result 1 2 3 4 5 6
YEs etc etc

if the scenary is NO I have to substract

Answer Result From
5 4+1 (starting) 1 2 3 4
No
5 3+2 Took off the external digits 1 & 4
NO
5 4+1 I start again with 1 2 3 4
no
5 3+2 same as above I took 1 & 4 off.

NO etc etc

So far it's ok, but the mess comes with combinations of both conditions.

I.e.

Answer Result From
5 4+1 (rember that always start 1 2 3 4)
YES
6 5+1 1 2 3 4 5 (5 is the previous result)
NO
7 6+1 1 2 3 4 5 6 (6 si the previous result, here, for
the nex forecast
I have to delete the extrmes digits 6 & 1 and the
forecats should be
the add of the extreme digits remaining 2 & 5)

YES Now my list is 2 3 4 5 7 As the last answer was YES , so
my next forecast Should add 2 + 7
9
NO NOw the answer is no so need to delete the external
digits 7 and 2 so next forecats will be 3 + 5
8
NO Again have to delete the external gigits remainng anly 4
4
NO all lines are deleted at this point so start again with 1 2 3 4
so next forecats would be 4 + 1
5
YES for next forecats have to add the 5 to my column 1 2 3 4 5
and the add
will be 5 + 1
6
NO For next forecast delete the external digits 1 & 5 and the
result
will be 2 + 3
5
No Answer is no again so here so I delete the extreme digits 2 &
3 and remains
3 so my forecats will be 3
3
YES Answer yes then I add to my column the previous result 3 to
my remaining number 3
the result will be 3+3
6
yes Answer yes so add the last result 6 to my column 3 3 6 and
new forcast will be 3 +6
9
yes again yes so add 9 to the end 3 3 6 9 and the forecats will
be 3 + 9 (the extreme digits)
12
no Answer no I delete the extreme digits 3 & 9 and add the
extreme remaining 3 & 6 3+6
Forecats 9
9
yes Answer yes so add the last result 9 (3 6 9) so the forecats
wil be 9+3
12

And so on so forth,
If the column is reduced to 0 lines the system go back to the inicial
statmet 1 2 3 4
But the system can grow and grow and grow

Hope is clear enough, Please ask me if further explanation is required
all help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Fran