Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Esrei

Default "" not completely blanc if copy

I am using this formula in a range; +IF($B100,$C$3,""); if I copy paste
values this to say Data!A10:A40, why if I use counta(A10:A40), and only say
A10:A12 actual has data that I can see the answer of the count formula is
still 41.
I want the formula to leave the cell blank if false.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
starguy

your statements are not understandable. please clarify your question or
attach a sample workbook.

--
starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Try this:

Tools|options|transition tab|check transition navigation keys.

You'll see an apostrophe in the formula bar with that cell selected.

And turn that option off.

===
I like this way to clean up that type of "blank" cell.

select the range (or the whole sheet)
edit|replace
what: (leave blank)
with: $$$$$ (some unique value--not used!)
Replace all

Then reverse it:
edit|replace
what: $$$$$ (that same value)
with: (leave blank)
Replace all

Esrei wrote:

I am using this formula in a range; +IF($B100,$C$3,""); if I copy paste
values this to say Data!A10:A40, why if I use counta(A10:A40), and only say
A10:A12 actual has data that I can see the answer of the count formula is
still 41.
I want the formula to leave the cell blank if false.

Thank you

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj

you can't really make the cell be blank using a formula, however, the
countblank() function does count "" as a blank.
for your A10 to A40 combo try

=31-countblank(A10:A40)

this will give you the count for cells with items.