Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
heather

Default Can I have multiple columns widths within a column?

How do I do this? Cell B1 is 30 width and cell B2 is 20 width? Thanks,
Heather
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

You can't!

"heather" wrote:

How do I do this? Cell B1 is 30 width and cell B2 is 20 width? Thanks,
Heather

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T Kirtley

You can merge cells from multiple columns to make certain cells in a column
appear wider, but you need to have an adjacent blank cell that you can use
for this purpose.

In your example you could select cells B1:C1 and then open the Alignment tab
of the Format Cells option dialog box and select the Merge Cells option box.
Then resize both columns B and C as needed to display the contents of both
cells.

Hope that helps,

TK

"heather" wrote:

How do I do this? Cell B1 is 30 width and cell B2 is 20 width? Thanks,
Heather

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

If you go with the merged cells, be prepared for future problems when attempting
to copy, paste, sort, filter and others I can't think of of.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"heather" wrote:

How do I do this? Cell B1 is 30 width and cell B2 is 20 width? Thanks,
Heather

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
heather

Hey Gord,

Thank you for the warnings. I only need to make a sheet from which a hard
copy will be made. I'm making a form so I won't need to sort or filter.
It's good to know for future use though. I appreciate the information.

Heather