Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Buttons

I'm not sure if I even have the term "buttons" right.

I'm wondering how difficult it is to have Sheet 1 contain instructions.
Part of those instructions would say something like "press this button
if you want to jump to July. Press this button if you want to jump to
August," and so on. Are those difficult to make? I don't even know
where to start. I'm really looking for a starting point and I will try
and take it from there.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
michaelberrier

If "July" and "August" are individual sheets, then create a button
using the Forms toolbar, then type Alt+F11 to open the VBA editor.
Click Insert--Module and, in the module, put this:
Sub July()
Sheets("July").Range("A1").Select
End Sub

Substitue the month/sheet you want in place of July for the other
months.

Then, right click on your button and choose Assign Macro.

I think that's what you're looking for.
wrote:
I'm not sure if I even have the term "buttons" right.

I'm wondering how difficult it is to have Sheet 1 contain instructions.
Part of those instructions would say something like "press this button
if you want to jump to July. Press this button if you want to jump to
August," and so on. Are those difficult to make? I don't even know
where to start. I'm really looking for a starting point and I will try
and take it from there.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

You might want to consider hyperlinks (no VBA necessary)

You can either insert a hyperlink that refers to a location within the
workbook
From the Excel Menu:
<insert<hyperlink

OR
You can use the HYPERLINK function to do the same.

Check them out....Post back if you have questions.

Is that something you can work with?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP