Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terri R

Default Calculating a percentage of days in a term

Each semester I have to calculate what we call a 60% rule for withdrawal from
classes. I figured out the simple part of the formula (start date x .60
(plus the start date for the actual date)

My question is: How can I leave out certain weekends and holidays? I tried
using the WORKDAY or NETWORKDAYS formula without success. This would actually
a day or two on the result in some cases.

The other formula that could use help is the one that adds 3 days or 5 days
to the start date of a class NOT including weekends and holidays.

This is probably easy for most of you, but until now, I have only used Excel
more for information management and not calculations (or only simple ones)

Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daddylonglegs

Sounds like you need WORKDAY function, why didn't that work? To add 3
workdays to a date in A1

=WORKDAY(A1,3)

You need to have Analysis Toolpak installed for WORKDAY to work,
otherwise you'll get a #NAME? error.

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486