Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kingcole

Default How do I get VLOOKUP to look for the next greater value

I have a worksheet with a bunch of pull down menus where data can be selected
and then inputed into a formula. I then want to take the formula and
automatically have a part# selected. When there isn't an exact match VLOOKUP
always selects the next lowest value, I want it to select the next largest.
This is the formula I'm using right now.

=VLOOKUP(B18,sixty,2) With B18 being the formula result, and sixty the data
range on the next worksheet.