Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kingcole

Default How do I get VLOOKUP to look for the next greater value

Thanks for the post but that doesn't seem to work because the table I have
with the value I want to select is on another worksheet. Any other ideas?

"Paul Lautman" wrote:

kingcole wrote:
I have a worksheet with a bunch of pull down menus where data can be
selected and then inputed into a formula. I then want to take the
formula and automatically have a part# selected. When there isn't an
exact match VLOOKUP always selects the next lowest value, I want it
to select the next largest. This is the formula I'm using right now.

=VLOOKUP(B18,sixty,2) With B18 being the formula result, and sixty
the data range on the next worksheet.

Use match+index. Something like:

=INDEX(sixty,match(b18,sixty,-1))