Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
samprince

Default Sorting Columns to a set Format.

I have a problem which I hope is simple to rectify.

Reporting software delivers statistic of sign ups from different
countries, e.g over a whole month we might get the following sign ups
from these countries.
(I have sorted these alphabetically and just taken a sample)

Australia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belarus
Belgium
Belize
Benin
Bermuda
Bhutan
Bolivia
Bosnia and Herzegowina
Botswana
Bouvet Island
Brazil
British Indian Ocean Territory
Brunei Darussalam
Bulgaria
Burkina Faso
Burundi
Cambodia
Cameroon
Canada

However in just one day maybe we only receive sing ups from the
following countries.

Australia
Austria
Bahamas
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belarus
Belgium
Bermuda
Bolivia
Bosnia and Herzegowina
Botswana
Bouvet Island
Brazil
Bulgaria
Burundi
Cambodia
Cameroon
Canada

the range in both occurences is from Australia to Canada, and both are
sorted alphabetically.

However, in the second instance there are no sign ups from 'British
Indian Ocean Territory'. Is it possible to sort the second list and
format in the same way as the first. So that it inserts an extra row +
0 as the sign up count for 'British Indian Ocean Territory' so that
each countrie's counts are consistent accross the same row rather than
doing it manually?

Many thanks for your advice and insights.

--
samprince
samprince's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34168

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
samprince

note: I have looked at Custom LIsts sorts, but I cant use this to also
insert rows to make the sorted columns align with each other.