Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
d_kight

Default returning either a shaded cell &/or a text

is there a way excel can return a shade in a cell along with a message?
Example: cell a3:a8 sum up to 0. Can cell a10 return Yellow shade and the
words "No Work"?
Thanks in advance,
D_Kight
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

In A10, you could use:
=if(sum(a3:a8)=0,"No work",sum(a3:a8))

And use Format|conditional formatting to show the color.
Cell Value is
Equal to
="No Work"

======
Another option that keeps the value as a number:
Give A10 a custom format of:
General;-General;"No Work"

Then use
cell value is
equal to
0

By keeping the value as 0, you'll be able to do other arithmetic using that
cell.

Another option:

--

Dave Peterson