Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mr_teacher

Default Drop Down Lists

Hi all,

I have spreadsheet set up that uses several drop down boxes.

Is there any way to get these to autocomplete - ie when I start typing
letters into the drop down box it will fill in the rest of the possible
name for me?

Thanks for any advice

Carl

--
mr_teacher
mr_teacher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34352

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You can do it if you used the combobox from the control toolbox toolbar.

What did you use to create the dropdown boxes?

mr_teacher wrote:

Hi all,

I have spreadsheet set up that uses several drop down boxes.

Is there any way to get these to autocomplete - ie when I start typing
letters into the drop down box it will fill in the rest of the possible
name for me?

Thanks for any advice

Carl

--
mr_teacher
mr_teacher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34352
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=550796

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mr_teacher

Dave Peterson Wrote:
You can do it if you used the combobox from the control toolbox
toolbar.

What did you use to create the dropdown boxes?

HI Dave,

I used data validation to create the drop dow lists. Not too sure on
how to use comboboxes to perform this function to be honest!!!

Carl

--
mr_teacher
mr_teacher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34352
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=550796

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Carl

Debra Dalgleish has done most of the work for you.

Visit her site for instructions on DV using Combo Box.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 11:43:26 -0500, mr_teacher
wrote:

Dave Peterson Wrote:
You can do it if you used the combobox from the control toolbox
toolbar.

What did you use to create the dropdown boxes?

HI Dave,

I used data validation to create the drop dow lists. Not too sure on
how to use comboboxes to perform this function to be honest!!!

Carl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mr_teacher

Thanks for the link Gord - that seems to be what I am after and I'll
have a good go at them!

Can these drop down lists as combo boxes be used to create dependant
lists as described in other parts of the article?

Carl

--
mr_teacher
mr_teacher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34352
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=550796

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

The combobox shows what's in the data validation list for the selected
cell. So, if you set up dependent data validation, it will be displayed
in the combobox. There's an example he

Under data Validation, look for 'Dependent Data Validation Combobox'

mr_teacher wrote:
Thanks for the link Gord - that seems to be what I am after and I'll
have a good go at them!

Can these drop down lists as combo boxes be used to create dependant
lists as described in other parts of the article?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mr_teacher

Thanks a lot for that Debra - I'll give it a go!!

Carl