Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jaws125

Default lines in worksheet opened in Windows but created in Excel for Mac

We pick up some Excel files created on a Mac in 2002. When the files are
opened in any version of Windows or Excel small autoshape lines appear on the
left hand side. The lines can total up into the thousands and really slow
Excel down as well as show up when printed. We can not delete or group them.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Try this on a copy of your file as it should delete all drawn lines.

Sub DeleteLines()
ActiveSheet.Lines.Select
Selection.Delete
End Sub

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jaws125" wrote in message
We pick up some Excel files created on a Mac in 2002. When the files are
opened in any version of Windows or Excel small autoshape lines appear on

the
left hand side. The lines can total up into the thousands and really slow
Excel down as well as show up when printed. We can not delete or group

them.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jaws125

"Jaws125" wrote:

We pick up some Excel files created on a Mac in 2002. When the files are
opened in any version of Windows or Excel small autoshape lines appear on the
left hand side. The lines can total up into the thousands and really slow
Excel down as well as show up when printed. We can not delete or group them.

The code was not correct but, it did provide a guide to help us find the
correct code. they were seen as autoshapes not lines. Thanks for the help and
here is the code that worked.

Sub DeleteAllLines()

ActiveSheet.Shapes.SelectAll
Selection.Delete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Glad you got it working...........thanks for the feedback.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3