Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF Function for MI in emails

Excel MVPs:

So this is another question about figuring out emails. I have first
name in column A, Middle Initial in Column B, and Last Name in Column
C, and Domain in Column D. I need a formula that gives A.B.C@D If there
is a middle initial, and A.C@D if there isnt one. Thanks again.

Reece

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Die_Another_Day

Put this in Cell D1:
=IF(ISBLANK(B1),A1&C1,A1&B1&C1)
Add & " " & between Cells if you want spaces
HTH

Die_Another_Day

wrote:
Excel MVPs:

So this is another question about figuring out emails. I have first
name in column A, Middle Initial in Column B, and Last Name in Column
C, and Domain in Column D. I need a formula that gives A.B.C@D If there
is a middle initial, and A.C@D if there isnt one. Thanks again.

Reece

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elkar

Try this:

=A1&"."&IF(B1<"",B1&".","")&C1&"@"&D1

HTH,
Elkar

" wrote:

Excel MVPs:

So this is another question about figuring out emails. I have first
name in column A, Middle Initial in Column B, and Last Name in Column
C, and Domain in Column D. I need a formula that gives A.B.C@D If there
is a middle initial, and A.C@D if there isnt one. Thanks again.

Reece

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Die_Another_Day

Doh! I didn't read it clearly enough sry.
Put this in E1
=IF(ISBLANK(B1),A1&C1&"@"&D1,A1&B1&C1&"@"&D1)

Die_Another_Day

wrote:
Excel MVPs:

So this is another question about figuring out emails. I have first
name in column A, Middle Initial in Column B, and Last Name in Column
C, and Domain in Column D. I need a formula that gives A.B.C@D If there
is a middle initial, and A.C@D if there isnt one. Thanks again.

Reece

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Lincoln

This assumes your data is in row 1 and that there is always a first
name and a last name:

=A1&"."&IF(ISBLANK(B1),"",B1&".")&C1&"."&"@"&D1

wrote:
Excel MVPs:

So this is another question about figuring out emails. I have first
name in column A, Middle Initial in Column B, and Last Name in Column
C, and Domain in Column D. I need a formula that gives A.B.C@D If there
is a middle initial, and A.C@D if there isnt one. Thanks again.

Reece

IF function to blank without getting #value in sum function Brad Stevenson Excel Worksheet Functions 5 May 26th 05 10:26 AM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Hyperlinks using R[1]C[1] and offset function in its cell referenc Elijah-Dadda Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 5th 05 03:31 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM