-   -   IF Function for MI in emails (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/93175-if-function-mi-emails.html)

[email protected]

IF Function for MI in emails

Excel MVPs:

So this is another question about figuring out emails. I have first
name in column A, Middle Initial in Column B, and Last Name in Column
C, and Domain in Column D. I need a formula that gives A.B.C@D If there
is a middle initial, and A.C@D if there isnt one. Thanks again.

Reece

Die_Another_Day

IF Function for MI in emails

Put this in Cell D1:
=IF(ISBLANK(B1),A1&C1,A1&B1&C1)
Add & " " & between Cells if you want spaces
HTH

Die_Another_Day

wrote:
Excel MVPs:

So this is another question about figuring out emails. I have first
name in column A, Middle Initial in Column B, and Last Name in Column
C, and Domain in Column D. I need a formula that gives A.B.C@D If there
is a middle initial, and A.C@D if there isnt one. Thanks again.

Reece

Elkar

IF Function for MI in emails

Try this:

=A1&"."&IF(B1<"",B1&".","")&C1&"@"&D1

HTH,
Elkar

" wrote:

Excel MVPs:

So this is another question about figuring out emails. I have first
name in column A, Middle Initial in Column B, and Last Name in Column
C, and Domain in Column D. I need a formula that gives A.B.C@D If there
is a middle initial, and A.C@D if there isnt one. Thanks again.

Reece

Die_Another_Day

IF Function for MI in emails

Doh! I didn't read it clearly enough sry.
Put this in E1
=IF(ISBLANK(B1),A1&C1&"@"&D1,A1&B1&C1&"@"&D1)

Die_Another_Day

wrote:
Excel MVPs:

So this is another question about figuring out emails. I have first
name in column A, Middle Initial in Column B, and Last Name in Column
C, and Domain in Column D. I need a formula that gives A.B.C@D If there
is a middle initial, and A.C@D if there isnt one. Thanks again.

Reece

Mark Lincoln

IF Function for MI in emails

This assumes your data is in row 1 and that there is always a first
name and a last name:

=A1&"."&IF(ISBLANK(B1),"",B1&".")&C1&"."&"@"&D1