Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I fix the position of a row

I've seen in some spreadsheets that a fixed position row so that for
example, the position of the top row may be fixed so that the top row
is visible while scrolling through the rest of the rows.

Any idea how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

It seems like you're referring to Feezing Panes

Select the row immediately BELOW the cells you want to stay visible

From the Excel main menu:
<window<freeze panes

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

" wrote:

I've seen in some spreadsheets that a fixed position row so that for
example, the position of the top row may be fixed so that the top row
is visible while scrolling through the rest of the rows.

Any idea how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've seen in some spreadsheets that a fixed position row so that for
example, the position of the top row may be fixed so that the top row
is visible while scrolling through the rest of the rows.

Any idea how to do this?

Click on the row below the ones you want fixed, then Window/ Freeze Panes.
You can do the same with columns, so try clicking in the 3rd column, 4th row
before you do Freeze Panes, and you'll have 2 columns & 3 rows fixed.
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's exactly what I was looking for.