Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CWillis

Default Cell Reference Location

My program distributes data from different sources. My current problem is
that the location the data is sent (i.e. cells(1,5) changes depending on
other data that is input. For example, if someone types a paragraph in a
text box, the cells below it move so they can still be seen. Later if they
delete the paragraph and replace it with one sentence, the cells below are
shifted back up.

The way to deal with this that came to mind was to have a variable in each
cell name. (i.e. instead of cells(1,5) it would be cells(1+x,5+y)) Is this
the best way to do it, or their an easier way. Can I "lock" a cell so that
they data is always sent to and read from there even if it's location changes
later?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CWillis

Thanks,

I think what I'm going to go with right now is a new function I learned
about this afternoon. I name the location of the cells once and give it a
variable name. For Example:

Public LCTireDescLoc As Range
Sub NamingPublicVariables()

Set LCTireDescLoc = Sheets("Load & Calc").Range("D10:H10")

End Sub

Now, anytime I change the location of the LCTireDescLoc, I only have to
change it once. Everywhere else only knows the location by the variable
name. Now, if I can only get the location to change using a variable,
Instead of manually changing it, I will be in better shape...

"CLR" wrote:

I use these lines to paste a Signature Box at the end of unknown length
data.......perhaps it might shine some light.

ActiveSheet.Shapes("Rectangle 6").Select 'this is the origin of the SigBox
Selection.Copy
Range("A8").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
Selection.Offset(3, 8).Select
ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="MS Office Drawing Object", Link:=False, _
DisplayAsIcon:=False
Selection.Name = "SigBox"

hth
Vaya con Dios,