Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CWillis

Default Cell Reference Location

My program distributes data from different sources. My current problem is
that the location the data is sent (i.e. cells(1,5) changes depending on
other data that is input. For example, if someone types a paragraph in a
text box, the cells below it move so they can still be seen. Later if they
delete the paragraph and replace it with one sentence, the cells below are
shifted back up.

The way to deal with this that came to mind was to have a variable in each
cell name. (i.e. instead of cells(1,5) it would be cells(1+x,5+y)) Is this
the best way to do it, or their an easier way. Can I "lock" a cell so that
they data is always sent to and read from there even if it's location changes
later?

Thanks.