Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
scott

Default Excel Views

In my spreedsheet I have multiple users. One problem that I am now
encountering is one user insist on changing the view of the ss from normal
and shrinking it to a different %. I do not know why he does it (to be
diffucult), there is no way that he will stop. With him changing the views
the other members that use the ss do not know how to chnage it back. In other
words they like it like it is and leave it alone. I have protected the cells
and formulas is there a way to remove the View option from the menu bar so
this person leaves it alone. I do not want to remove the entire menu bar.
Thanks I know what eveyone is thinking and believe me I have thought it but
there really is no other way around this so I need to remove or lock
it.Thanks Scott
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Maybe you could just stop fighting that user and each time your workbook opens,
it can reset the zoom factor to 100% for each worksheet.

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
Dim wks As Worksheet
For Each wks In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
wks.Activate
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 100
Next wks

'and to always open to the same cell
Application.Goto Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a1"), scroll:=True
End Sub

Change the sheet name (I used sheet1) to what you want--and change the zoom
level, too.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Scott:

Low-tech, but....perhaps note on the worksheet?

To view at 100%:
<View<ZoomCheck: 100%
OR...[Alt] V Z 1 [enter]

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"scott" wrote:

In my spreedsheet I have multiple users. One problem that I am now
encountering is one user insist on changing the view of the ss from normal
and shrinking it to a different %. I do not know why he does it (to be
diffucult), there is no way that he will stop. With him changing the views
the other members that use the ss do not know how to chnage it back. In other
words they like it like it is and leave it alone. I have protected the cells
and formulas is there a way to remove the View option from the menu bar so
this person leaves it alone. I do not want to remove the entire menu bar.
Thanks I know what eveyone is thinking and believe me I have thought it but
there really is no other way around this so I need to remove or lock
it.Thanks Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bclancy12

I have this problem too. I have my screen resoltion set at (1280x1024), when
someone looks at my spreadsheet at (800x600) or (1024x768) they cannot see
the whole ss in one pane, as I can. You may want to try and adjust the
screen resolutions so that they are as close as possible.

Or

One really easy way to zoom in and out on the spreadsheet, is to hold
control and use the scrolling wheel on your mouse. The most logical solution
is to either set everyone's screen resolution the same, or show everyone how
to change the view of the sheet.