Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TreebeardEnt

Default comments at end of sheet are not printing correctly

I have several spreadsheets which are Excel 97-2000 & 5.0/95 Workbook file
types.
They were created in a previous (non-2000) version of Excel, and I updated
some
formulas in them using Excel 2000 and saved them in the above-mentioned
format.

Another person used Excel 97 (SR2) to make some cosmetic changes such as
adjustments to the print area.

The comments do not print correctly. We have set the option to print
comments at
the end. However, we find that we either get only the first comment, and
none of
the others. Or we don't get the first comment, but we do get the others.
What's
missing is the actual comment itself. The sheet still indicates that there
is a
comment in the given cell.

Thus, instead of getting a page that looks like this:
Cell: E14
Comment: UserID
The comment located in cell e14

Cell: H22
Comment: UserID
The comment located in cell h22

Cell: J22
Comment: UserID
The comment located in cell J22

We get either:

Cell: E14
Comment:

Cell: H22
Comment: UserID
The comment located in cell h22

Cell: J22
Comment: UserID
The comment located in cell J22

Or:

Cell: E14
Comment: UserID
The comment located in cell e14

Cell: H22
Comment:

Cell: J22
Comment:

Does anyone know how we can correct this problem?