Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vegetable Dave

Default How do you permanently hide and password protect a column?

I make a product list for my customers based on pricing I (like any business)
receive from my vendors. In order to calculate the price I charge my
customers I first need to create a column for prices I pay my vendors and
then my customer prices are based on formulas and markups using the Vendor
price column figures.

I know I can hide this column - but how do I hide but more importantly
protect this column so when I email my customers this product list, they are
unable to open this hiden column to see what I pay for my product? Again, I
am not trying to find out how to simply hide a column as I already know how
to do this.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vegetable Dave

WAIT!!

You were right!! I had the items checked off wrong on what I would and
wouldn't allow - its working now - THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! You have saved me
hundreds of hours of work throughout my season -and im not kidding

David

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

If your worksheet is (password-) protected, your customers cannot unhide the
hidden columns.

(Unless they break the password, which is a treat)

HTH
--
AP

"Vegetable Dave" <Vegetable a écrit dans le
message de news:
I make a product list for my customers based on pricing I (like any
business)
receive from my vendors. In order to calculate the price I charge my
customers I first need to create a column for prices I pay my vendors and
then my customer prices are based on formulas and markups using the Vendor
price column figures.

I know I can hide this column - but how do I hide but more importantly
protect this column so when I email my customers this product list, they
are
unable to open this hiden column to see what I pay for my product? Again,
am not trying to find out how to simply hide a column as I already know
how
to do this.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Saruman

Alternately, place the info on a different Worksheet and make that sheet
VeryHidden.

This utility will instantly unprotect and remove Excel Passwords.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

--
Saruman

All Outgoing Mail Scanned By Norton Antivirus 2003