Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Saruman

Default How do you permanently hide and password protect a column?

Alternately, place the info on a different Worksheet and make that sheet
VeryHidden.

This utility will instantly unprotect and remove Excel Passwords.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

--
Saruman

All Outgoing Mail Scanned By Norton Antivirus 2003
"Vegetable Dave" <Vegetable wrote in message
I make a product list for my customers based on pricing I (like any

business)
receive from my vendors. In order to calculate the price I charge my
customers I first need to create a column for prices I pay my vendors and
then my customer prices are based on formulas and markups using the Vendor
price column figures.

I know I can hide this column - but how do I hide but more importantly
protect this column so when I email my customers this product list, they

are
unable to open this hiden column to see what I pay for my product? Again,

am not trying to find out how to simply hide a column as I already know

how
to do this.

Thanks!