Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike L.

Default Where to start?

I am a volunteer at a youth baseball association. I have an excel file
that is composed of columns of age divisions with rows of tournaments.
Each row is composed of the top 4 teams in the tournament (I did not
set it up, it is a bad organizational method).

What would I need to do to give a cell a point value (each first place
is worth 7 points, 2nd is worth 4, etc.), then have a list of the teams
in column (there are many duplicates) with how many points the have
accumulated.

I'm guessing there isn't a very easy way to do this. I don't
necessarily need someone to tell me exactly what to do, but give me
some search terms so that I can get going. Any help would be greatly
appreciated, adding up these totals by hand would be a huge undertaking.