Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roundy

Default Cell Formatting will not show up

I have a spreadsheet that I am working on, and I am attempting to format some
of the cells. The cells will not format, i.e. I can right click and select
format cells, and nothing happens. I can also go to the format menu and
select cells and nothing happens. If I use the format painter from another
cell that is formatted the way I want it to be it works OK, but I cannot go
to cell formatting and make changes. Some cells in the workbook can be
formatted just fine, but others will not work.

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bullman

The cells you are trying format may have a Conditional Format.
Other than that, I don't have a quick answer as to what may be going
on.

Bullman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roundy

I checked for conditional formatting and there is none on the cell. I also
noticed that not only can I format cells in other sheets in the workbook, but
I can format other cells in the same sheet. ??? This file has some history
on it, it has been brought along from earlier versions of Excel so maybe that
has something to do with it??

TIA

"Bullman" wrote:

The cells you are trying format may have a Conditional Format.
Other than that, I don't have a quick answer as to what may be going
on.

Bullman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roundy

Is there some routine I could run that would copy everything as it is into a
new spreadsheet that is created in Excel 2003? I noticed if I copy and past
the trouble cells into a new workbook, I can format them just fine? The
workbook has around 70 sheets in it with name spaces galore, buttons,
hyperlinks, and pictures.

TIA