Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Linda1hu

Default Vlookup and #N/A

Hi,

My problem is the following.

I have two spreadsheets. I copied a coloum with numbers and pasted it to the
other spreadsheet. Now I created a Vlookup formula (=VLOOKUP(E5,'Query
Download'!$A$1:$C$418,3, FALSE) next to the first cell. The result is #N/A a
few times which is fine coz sometimes there there are no result but the other
times should be something.

So what I did is I got into the cell which contains the numbers (the coloum
with numbers) with F2 or double click and then enter. And worked. BUT I DONT
KNOW WHY and I don't know what has been changed?

Is there any chance that I can change the cells all together and not one by
one and I will have result where I should have?

Thanks
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

It sounds as though some of your data is formatted as text. You will need to
do what you are doing, but maybe select them all and just Fr then Enter in a
big sweep.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eladamri

Hi im new at this forum but i hope this is helpful.

try double checking checking the cell format used. if there is nothing
wrong with that (i.e. amounts should be in general or number format and
not text)
try inserting a row on top of the list.
type "1" on th first row and copy it.
highlight the rest of the data and right click -- Paste Special --
Poeration --Multiply.

It should work provided there is no other errors.

--
Eladamri
Eladamri's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35099

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Linda1hu

Thank you for your quick replay.

Unfortunately it doesnt work. When I select them all and F2 (Fr) and enter
the cursor go to the next cell. I have no idea what to do. I checked the
format and everything is general.

Linda

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Linda1hu

Hi thanks,

'Poeration' - what is it. I can't see on mine.

"Eladamri" wrote:

Hi im new at this forum but i hope this is helpful.

try double checking checking the cell format used. if there is nothing
wrong with that (i.e. amounts should be in general or number format and
not text)
try inserting a row on top of the list.
type "1" on th first row and copy it.
highlight the rest of the data and right click -- Paste Special --
Poeration --Multiply.

It should work provided there is no other errors.

--
Eladamri
Eladamri's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35099
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548548

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

He means the Operation section Linda.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Eladamri" wrote:

Hi im new at this forum but i hope this is helpful.

try double checking checking the cell format used. if there is nothing
wrong with that (i.e. amounts should be in general or number format and
not text)
try inserting a row on top of the list.
type "1" on th first row and copy it.
highlight the rest of the data and right click -- Paste Special --
Poeration --Multiply.

It should work provided there is no other errors.

--
Eladamri
Eladamri's Profile:

View this thread: