Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Will C.

Default #REF in Sheets that refer to Pivot Tables

Hi All:

I have really enjoyed learing about pivot tables. What a great and
easy tool!

Anyway, I have run into a vexing roadblock. I am using an extensive
data base and various pivot tables to formulate a cash flow projection.
Everything works well. However, on the summary sheet, I am getting the
dreaded #REF for any cell that refers to a sum on a pivot table that is
blank.

Let me explain. Say I have a pivot table summing sales forecasts. If
there is no forecasted sales for 2009 of a certain item, the sales
pivot table is blank for that year. That is fine. (Note - I have
checked the 'show items with no data' checkbox on the field properties
of that field in the pivot table).

Now for the problem: If I directly refer to that spot on the pivot
table (i.e., the total of that year/item) on my summary worksheet, then
I get #REF! instead of zero.

I really want a zero instead of what looks like an error.

Is there a workaround? Thanks in advance.

Will

--
Will C.
Will C.'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35051

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Will C.

I needed to go into the field properties in the pivot table field, and
then select zero for an automatic fill of balnk pivot table cells.