Scott

Default Pivot tables - inserting columns

Hello,

I have a pivot table problem that I haven't been able to figure out so I
could use some help. My simplified example is below but I'm essentially
trying to insert three blank columns (or fields) into my pivot table of
quarterly data: 1) Adjustments, which is a numeric input 2) Adjusted half
year total, which is a sum of pivot data plus "Adjustments" 3) Notes, which
will be text. I want these three inserted fields to be a part of my pivot
table so that I can get different data cuts.

Columns A:C are my current pivot table. How do I insert columns into my
pivot table for what I show below as D1:F1?

Here's my example:
A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1
Customer Q1 sales Q2 sales Adjustments Adj Total Notes

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Debra Dalgleish

You can't display text in the data area of the pivot table, so you won't
be able to show the Notes field there. Also, you can't type and retain
numeric data directly into the pivot table, so you could enter the
adjustments in the source table, or adjacent to the pivot table.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List