Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T Renner

Default Moving Between Worksheets Using Same Cell Address

I tried grouping my pages and selecting a cell as I used to do in Quattro Pro
but it
doesn't work in Excel. If I want to look at the same cell when I move to the
but that is not very speedy. Thanks for any help that is out there.
--
T Renner
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SiC

Do you mean you can't group the sheets together or you can't select the same
cell after grouping the sheets? If done correctly, the Excel title bar
should show "[Group]" right after the file name. And if you select a cell in
one of the grouped sheets, the same cell should be selected as you move to
any other grouped shets.

-Simon

"T Renner" wrote:

I tried grouping my pages and selecting a cell as I used to do in Quattro Pro
but it
doesn't work in Excel. If I want to look at the same cell when I move to the
but that is not very speedy. Thanks for any help that is out there.
--
T Renner

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T Renner

I just used the shift key to select 5 pages to experiment with. This time is
did work as far as being able to go to the next page and have the cell
selected but I still had to scroll around to find it. I just switched from
Quattro Pro to Excel this year and my old program would center the selected
cell on the screen when I changed pages. I don't suppose there is any way to
get the grouped pages to orient themselves on the screen so that the selected
cell will always be visible when you go to the page.
Thank you for your quick reply and help.
--
T Renner

"T Renner" wrote:

I tried grouping my pages and selecting a cell as I used to do in Quattro Pro
but it
doesn't work in Excel. If I want to look at the same cell when I move to the
but that is not very speedy. Thanks for any help that is out there.
--
T Renner

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ArenaNinja

"T Renner" wrote:

I tried grouping my pages and selecting a cell as I used to do in

Quattro Pro
but it
doesn't work in Excel. If I want to look at the same cell when I

move to the

function
but that is not very speedy. Thanks for any help that is out

there.
--
T Renner

I know what you need.. I'm familiar with both Quattro and Excel but
there is no way to do that in Excel as far as I know... Your only
option is to Group, select the cell, go to the Worksheet and move one
of the arrows on your keyboard.. this would place it near at least ;)

--
ArenaNinja
ArenaNinja's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33624