Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kazuki

Default how do I fix the column width?

I have an excel sheet wherein I collect data from about 10 persons.
To maintain formattin all over the huge excel sheet, I would like to freeze
the column width. Other should not be able to change the column width even if
they try.
What should I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You can protect the worksheet (tools|protection|protect sheet).

But there are lots of things that can't be done on a protected worksheet.
You'll want to test it first.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Corey

Highlight the columns and click:
Tools-Protection-Protect worksheet.
Use p/w if you like.

Corey....
"Kazuki" wrote in message
I have an excel sheet wherein I collect data from about 10 persons.
To maintain formattin all over the huge excel sheet, I would like to
freeze
the column width. Other should not be able to change the column width even
if
they try.
What should I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

"Kazuki" wrote in message
I have an excel sheet wherein I collect data from about 10 persons.
To maintain formattin all over the huge excel sheet, I would like to
freeze
the column width. Other should not be able to change the column width even
if
they try.
What should I do?

Tools/ Protection/ Protect worksheet
Select options appropriately
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

one way would be to put the if statement below into some worksheet event
such as calculate or change. Then when the column width is modified it will
revert to 20. If you want it to fire all the time just use

Columns(4).ColumnWidth = 20
To add right click sheet tabview codeleft window worksheetright window
select eventput in code

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
If Columns(4).ColumnWidth < 20 Then Columns(4).ColumnWidth = 20

If Columns(4).ColumnWidth < 20 Then Columns(4).ColumnWidth = 20

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software