Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rusty

Default excel form not functioning correctly

I'm using Excel 2003 on XP Pro. I have a user who has created a form in Excel
which utilizes radio buttons, drop down lists and fill-in fields. The
workbook was saved as a template, so when opened it creates a new document
that becomes the completed form for email return. The problem is this: When
the template is accessed and opened, the drop downs work, the fill-in fields
work, but the radio buttons don't. The template was saved NOT in design view,
and WITH protection enabled. Once the form is opened (new document) you can
turn protection off, make sure design mode is exited (tends to be in design
mode when protection is turned off - any significance?) and then protection
is turned back on - everything works find. All drop downs, fields AND radio
buttons. The other oddity is that on one computer, it all works fine when the
file is initially opened. It is only after emailing the .dot file and opening
it on another computer that the problem arises.

I'm stumped.... maybe I'm missing something really easy/obvious, but I can't
seem to figure it out. Can anyone help? These forms need to be sent to
applicants ASAP!

Thanks in advance.....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Just a guess...

Are the optionbuttons assigned to a cell on a worksheet? And is that cell
locked on a protected worksheet?

If yes, try unlocking that cell.

(and you meant .xlt--not .dot, right?)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rusty

Geez, do I feel like a dope! I'm so used to working in Excel that I posted
here - the form is in WORD!! It was the .dot reference that made me do a
"DOH!!"

Sorry! Wish I could pull the original post!
Thanks for your assistance, though!