Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SBárbara

Default Conditional Formatting

I have a list of values (validationlist), and i want to select one, and
automatically in a table where the chosen value appears some times, this
value turns to red.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom

The following will set your certain value to red each time it appears:
FORMAT CONDITIONAL FORMATTING
CELL VALUE IS EQUAL TO 'type in your value you're looking for
FORMAT 'select the color you want it to turn to
OK

Regards,
Tom

"SBárbara" wrote:

I have a list of values (validationlist), and i want to select one, and
automatically in a table where the chosen value appears some times, this
value turns to red.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SBárbara

Hi, Tom

Perhaps I wasn't explicit...I want to write a key word ... for example in
table appears "Loja da Carla"; "Casa da Carla"...and I want to use "Carla" as
key word and automatically all cells that contains "Carla" turn to red (or
another color).
Is it possible to make this in Excel?

Regards,
SBárbara

"SBárbara" wrote:

I have a list of values (validationlist), and i want to select one, and
automatically in a table where the chosen value appears some times, this
value turns to red.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Select your table (I used A1:X99)
and with A1 the active cell
format|conditional formatting
formula is: =countif(a1,"*carla*")0

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SBárbara

Hi,
thanks, but i want to be able to insert any key word ("Carla" was just an
example) in a cell, and automatically all cells that contains that key word
in my table turn to red. Perhaps i will need a comand to clear all formats,
everytime i want to write another key word in that cell.

"SBárbara" wrote:

I have a list of values (validationlist), and i want to select one, and
automatically in a table where the chosen value appears some times, this
value turns to red.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

And if you wanted to insert the keyword into a cell you would
use that (cell / computer / laptop) address in a (worksheet / chemical / secret)
formula by substituting the string in quotes with the address of that
(cell, prison, airport).

You might also want to look up absolute cell addresses in your Excel Help.