Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mellow

Default changing a password protected file

I want to tweak an excel file from the net, but it's password protected
and it won't allow me to change the settings, even if I copy and paste
it into a new workbook.

I hoping to create a soccer pool for the upcoming worldcup and I found
the perfect file that does all the tallying and ranking for me.
The problem is that I want to remove unwanted info from that file and
maybe add something else.
Since the file is easily downloadable from the net, I did such and
cannot do anything because of the protection put on the file.

Excuse my novice-ness (sp), but i believe visual basic is tied to this
file as well.

I would be more than happy to submit the file so someone can take a
look at it.

Here is a link to the file,
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/e/predictor.html

Any help would be most appreciative.

thanks

--
mellow
mellow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34989

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
R. Choate

C'mon, say it...what exactly do you want us to do with this file for you, or help you to do? And the place where you downloaded it
from...what did they say about their file?
--
RMC,CPA

"mellow" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mellow

Anyone can download that file and fill it out to their hearts content.

I just wanted to use this file as the main source for people to make
their predictions.

The only things I wanted to change in that file was removing the
banners in the bottom and maybe removing some other things.

I'm not really asking people to do a task for me, I was just wondering
if I could tweak the file to be my own.