Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
R. Choate

Default changing a password protected file

C'mon, say it...what exactly do you want us to do with this file for you, or help you to do? And the place where you downloaded it
from...what did they say about their file?
--
RMC,CPA

"mellow" wrote in message

I want to tweak an excel file from the net, but it's password protected
and it won't allow me to change the settings, even if I copy and paste
it into a new workbook.

I hoping to create a soccer pool for the upcoming worldcup and I found
the perfect file that does all the tallying and ranking for me.
The problem is that I want to remove unwanted info from that file and
maybe add something else.
Since the file is easily downloadable from the net, I did such and
cannot do anything because of the protection put on the file.

Excuse my novice-ness (sp), but i believe visual basic is tied to this
file as well.

I would be more than happy to submit the file so someone can take a
look at it.

Here is a link to the file,
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/e/predictor.html

Any help would be most appreciative.