Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GOHOINC

Default Modifying links without updating values..

I have a workbook which works exactly as I wish. This workbook pulls data for
a month via links to the production data workbooks, the one I have built is
for the month of may. I want to replicate it for each month. If I do a find
and replace for the word may, I will get propmted to update the values for
each cell containing may, I have over 24,000 cells with may in them. It will
still do the replace, even though the June files dont exist yet, by hitting
cancel. How can I get excel to change these links without prompting me to
update values for every single cell? I can take once per worksheet but 24,000
for one workbook is a bit too many times to have to hit cancel...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I think I'd wait for the next month's file to be created or create a dummy
workbook that makes the links work (not return the correct values--but at least
not do what you describe).

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GOHOINC

I found that if I right click on the sheet tabs and "select all sheets" it
only asks me once per sheet for each of the different files it is calling (3
different files per sheet in this case so 3 clicks per sheet now instead of
over 2,000 per sheet and 24,000 per workbook) but thanks for your response...